Study Tours are offered during our School Terms only and available for students in Year 9 to Year 12 (15+years). The core components of the tours are:
• EAL instruction – maximum students per class 20
• Classes are conducted in our on-site Language centre (please note we are not able to offer integrated study in classes with our local students)
• Accommodation in Homestay – as organised by a professional Homestay Company which offers on-line application and emergency support. Homestay includes 3 meals per day.
• A farewell ceremony involving teachers, students and local guests
• Certificates for the students.
1 Indoor Rock Climbing
Indoor climbing in a specialist centre with safety harnesses and instructors
2 Maze Gardens & Tree Surfing
An outdoor garden and activity centre -Hedge Maze, 3D Maze, Garden Design, Tube Slides and Tree Surfing – an aerial climbing activity with obstacles, bridges and zip-lines linked to tree-based platforms – specialist centre with safety harnesses and instructors.
3 Shopping – Local & City
Bus trip to Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne, a visit to China Town, and local shopping in Frankston
4 Australian Animals
Visit a small zoo featuring Australian Animals. Options may be available for Koala and Dingo petting with photo opportunity
5 Peninsula beaches & walks
A bus tour to visit the local beaches includes walks through picturesque landscapes
6 Steam Train ride
A train ride through the mountains on a historic steam train – Puffing Billy
Visits to Melbourne and Monash Universities
Trip to Melbourne Museum.
Accommodation is arranged by a professional Homestay company which belongs to Monash university and is called Homestay Accommodation Services (HAS).
The features of this service are:
• Online application
• Choices of the kind of family and lifestyle available
• Emergency support service
• Strict quality control procedures for the selection and monitoring of families
• A clear charter of expectations for the family and the guest.
Standard package – includes many activities and Airport Transfers
Cost of the Study Tour depends on:
• Number of students
• Length of Tour
• Any special request for additional activities –i.e. (weekend evening trip to see Penguins).
Download sample Study Tour itineraries:
2 week Study Tour sample program 3 week Study Tour sample program
Carol Leach, International Program Manager
Office: + (613) 9788 7734
Mobile: + (61) 408 324 400